We're Growing, in more ways than one!
For quite some time, I've been contemplating recruiting someone to help me out, constantly mulling over what tasks they'd do, hours, pay rates and all the details that seem to take the fun out of the idea.
Unbeknownst to many, I've been sneaking around our newest staff member under the guise of 'a little too much Christmas pudding' for some months, and in planning for their arrival in August, the time is perfect to get someone in to help out at Quality Conveyancing Solutions.
As for what I'm looking for, ideally you'd have conveyancing experience, however it's not essential. Who you are is far more important than what you've done; to be considered you will:
- Have excellent customer services skills, have empathy for the people you work with and not get easily flustered. From our clients to real estate agents, banks and other conveyancers that you'll deal with, you'd be expected to always be kind, helpful and professional.
- Have exceptional attention to detail, why? because you'll be reading through contracts and dealing with monies that could have huge ramifications on someones life.
- Be willing to learn & grow. Depending on your level of experience the role could start out with filing and archiving long before you get to managing clients and files. The end goal is that you become as much a part of the business as I am, how fast we get there, we'll have to wait and see.
- Responsible, professional and easy to work with.
- Administrative skills, computer literacy, be able to understand and follow procedures, be super organised.
So how many hours? What are you going to pay me?
Truthfully - there are no answers to these questions, it all comes down to who you are and what you're looking for. More than likely this role will be part time, 2-3 days per week initially building up to 4 days per week from July. If it's full-time you're wanting than this isn't the right job for you. If you've got kids or other commitments and need to be flexible in your hours, if you're wanting to learn and be part of something then we should chat.
What's the long term view?
Conveyancing is the method but the business we're in is helping people, we keep our rates and overheads down, so if you're wanting to make millions, I can't help. We manage inflows of work so that our role in the customer experience of someone buying and selling property is a positive one, we can't and won't let this one slip. In the ideal world we'll find someone who is as passionate about our business and helping people as we are. They'll be flexible in the hours they work, keen and eager to learn with a desire of one-day being able to run the business without support, depending on how things unfold, potentially become part of the business.
So who is Quality Conveyancing Solutions
Everything you need to know can be found on our website - maybe check it out and if you're interested come back and fill out the form below.
Excellent - As a starting point, fill in the form at the bottom of this email and we can take it from there. I haven't set any immediate time-frames for when I expect to have someone start (other than July) and it may well come down to your needs and availability.
Whilst I promise to do my best to get back in touch with you personally for registering your interest in working at Quality Conveyancing Solutions, please accept my apologies if, for whatever reason I don't and feel free to give me a call.